Monday, August 18, 2008

Unwind by Neal Shusterman - Redux

Back in March, when I was playing around with book trailers, I created one for Shusterman's book. And it was okay...
Now, that I know better, I've created a better version using moviemaker. You have to watch both to see what a difference a little learning, better hands-on use and more creativity will get you.
I had to re-do this book because in my honest opinion, I believe it has such impact not only on a reader of pleasure, but also on high school curriculum on so many levels. This book makes you THINK...reliving the past, the gray areas in human ethics and morality, replacing one evil with another...this book not only intrigued and tugged at me, but also any teen who read this came back loved it as well...

To watch the old one click on the link below:
www.nisdtx.org/120820731141528687/lib/120820731141528687/Unwind.wmv

NOW...
look at my new and improved!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That's actually really cool. It would make a great class project.

Anonymous said...

Very nice. How long did that one take you?

Grow up please said...

What is the music you used? I loved it!

Infomaniac said...

Naomi,

I really enjoyed this book too. I think my students will like it too. As usual, your trailer was interesting and appealing. I did like the effects in the second one. I look forward to your digital booktalks.

librarylion said...

I liked the second digital booktalk much more. The music was edgier. I liked not knowing who the main characters were, just the general plot. The script seemed better written as well. I enjoy reading your blog and have read several of the YA books you have reviewed as a result of that. Keep it coming.

AlabamaLibrarian said...

Have you sent the trailer to Shusterman? I would think the publisher would jump on your trailer. What a great advertisement for a book! I enjoy your comments on LM Net and appreciate your book recommendations. I'm sure my students will love this trailer if you don't mind me showing it to them.