Thursday, September 25, 2008

Dark horse books

Haven't read Identical by Hopkins but it's in my office right now. Finished reading Living Dead Girl by Scott last week. These two have been books that my teen readers (I haven't put it on the shelf yet) have said that they are heavy duty. My verdict, as well as the terror of having my first challenge since I became a librarian, is making me think second about these. I know, I know....don't need to preach to the choir about that. They might be "office books," if you know what I mean.
So, with that said, I'm changing tack slightly. I think that sometimes adult books for teen readers are often left in the dust. Just finished Bad Monkeys by Matt Ruff because it was on the nomination list for YALSA. LOVED IT!!!! Adult science fiction meets psychological thriller meets mystery. It's the one saving grace of being a YA librarian - adult books are not off limits! YIPPEE!!!

No comments: